Here’s some things that happened today in history
- 1767 – John Quincy Adams born
- 1798 – The United States Marine Corps is re-established after being disbanded at the end of the American Revolution
- 1804 – Aaron Burr kills Alexander Hamilton in a duel
- 1859 – Charles Dickens publishes A Tale of Two Cities
- 1914 – Babe Ruth debuts in the Major League
- 1936 – Triborough Bridge is opened in New York City
- 1955 – The phrase “In God We Trust” is added to all US currency
- 1960 – To Kill a Mockingbird is published by Harper Lee
- 1967 – Chris Cree born
- 1987 – World Population passes the 5 billion mark
- 2006 – Microsoft ends official support of Windows 98 and Windows ME
Just thought you might want to know.
(Source: Wikipedia entry for July 11)
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS Feed.
Powered by Qumana